Goodbye My Friend.

4:15 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

We've known for more than 2 years. He was a great guy, always joking, patient, friendly and has traits of a simple and genuine friend. He's also a mentor to me when I enter Lighthouse.

He's none other than my Senior Designer - Fauzie Rasid.

He was a friend, someone I will hang out with in gyms some times, motivating each other to be healthier for ourselves, and for our families. We also will have iced Milo together after that to catch up on lives. He quit smoking and ate healthily for he wants to be healthy and watch his children grow up. He always reserve the best for his family, even if that means he has to settle less for himself. He never complain of what he gets, but work hard to get better.

He taught me things about InDesign and PDF, helped me cleared a lot of workload when I could possibly take them over and not trouble him. He did his best to not burden us with his stuffs, and always doing his very best to produce the best artwork he could. He's impressive, and his hard work often paid off with clients coming back to us to praise his work.

He's an inspiration to us, but often, to be honest, us being humans always overlook it and took him for granted. He was the most hardworking person I've ever met, and so genuine that I really treated him like a brother of my own.

But he left us too soon. Some called it a freak accident, but I believe it's an act of God. God probably wanted him back because he's too nice, and had went through enough. His leaving taught us a very harsh but true lesson.

On Tuesday morning, 38 of us took a coach, went through the customs and got to Johor Bahru to send him off the last time. We were very saddened by how he left us, but we could only hope he passed out before he felt all the pain that could have happened to him.

Seeing his elderly parents, loving wife and children, it was really devastating. They loved him so much, much more than we do, and yet had to surrender him helplessly back to God. But life is like this, unpredictable and short, isn't it?

As his friend and his colleague, I only can learn to accept that he won't be coming back to us anymore and try my best to achieve what he wanted to but couldn't. I believe he will look over his family and take care of them from up above.

Fauz (abang!), you will be missed badly. I will never forget you as a great and genuine person in my life. Take care up there.