Happy Birthday Mr Tan 2014

10:02 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

(Edited - Finally I've added the poster photo that is hanging in Mr Tan's room, at the end of this post!)

This year, we had Japanese cuisine for Mr Tan's birthday, again! We went to Shin Minori (updated: 10Mar), at UE Square Shopping Centre to claim the birthday promotion - birthday person FREE! I've applied for this promotion too and intend to try it today, and if it's good,we'll go back there to claim mine too.

The price originally for the ala carte lunch buffet was $36++ and we paid $37.85 for both of us, because birthday boy's share was free! AWESOME!!! The food quality, I can say is pretty good for the price we paid. But if compared to either Kuishin-Bo, or Ikoi at Miramma, it doesn't fare as well.

There's quite a fair bit of varieties and we tried almost 3-4 items from each category (like deep fried, grilled, sashimi, rice, etc.). One thing bad about could be, there was no explanation on how their buffet works, and if drinks are inclusive or not. Another thing to point out, there's no dessert inclusive.

The shopping mall is not very accessible by public transport, and the restaurant itself is pretty small  and cozy. Overall, I don't mind going there if it's one-for-one. If I'm gonna pay for both of us, maybe not.

I love this year's birthday celebration, because we did something that others probably won't do on their birthday - manual car wash. First time ever, I've washed a car! Seeing the results, I feel awesome again!!! HAHAHAHAHAH! So I actually proposed to have more car washing sessions as our bonding, and... Me Tan has no objection. Yay!

First time too, I designed a photo using our Bali trip sunset photo and some typography, got it printed and bought a frame for Mr Tan to hang in his room! He wanted a photography photo or some artsy fartsy kind, so I thought this may be a good idea to get it done as a gift! When I told him the poster we collected from the printer and the frame we bought together at IKEA were all parts of his birthday present, he seems pleased and excited! Woot! Feel accomplished again!

This seems more like a memorable birthday for him, than him feeling like this. LOL!

I will post pictures of the poster when he got them all fixed up and on the wall.



*Newly added*