My Brother-Uncle

2:37 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

He was an ex-boss, partner and close friend of my elder sis, and usually a friend of your elder siblings, they tend to be labelled as a brother to you. But due to the fact that the age gap between my siblings and me is at least a decade, anyone much older than them will become an uncle to me.

That’s why, he’s my brother-uncle.

I remember knowing you when I was in primary school and every time my sis ask me to salute you as ‘korkor’ (brother in dialect), you will ask me to call you Uncle, but I still call you ‘korkor’ because you don’t really look that old last time.

Every time I see you, you never fail to compliment me and made me really happy. You are always smiling, laughing and caring about my family and us.

When you had a pizza franchise in Sentosa, you will always come by the kopitiam downstairs to have breakfast before work and will always deliver leftover but-still-hot pizza to us after work. Sometimes I do wonder if you purposely baked those pizza for us and cut them up to hide the fact. LOL!

You always listen to my sis saying how well I sing and every time you see me, you will invite me to sing at the lobby of a hotel, but I turn you down time after time because I am really low in self-esteem back then.

Although we hardly met since I don’t know when, but I’ll occasionally thought of you or talked about you with my family. You were so well-remembered that I eventually labelled you as a family-friend (as often used in The Sims).

Your laughter and smiles are always so warming. You always put others first before yourself and I am confident to say that You are my role model. I hardly able to find any fault in you! Or perhaps we weren’t that close.

No matter how far you are now away from your family and friends, I am sure we will always remember you for all the great things you’ve done in our lives.

Rest in peace, my well-respected brother-uncle.